BBQ Sauce with Ribs or Chicken
This combination of rub and BBQ sauce will go down a treat with all your friends and family. Once tasted you’ll never go back to those sickly sweet bottled sauces again.
Dry Rub – GF/V
This rub works perfectly with ribs but also brisket, chicken wings and other BBQ items. The liquorice gives it a unique flavour but complements the other flavours exceptionally well.
In a bowl mix:
- 25g SugaVida
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika (either hot or regular depending on your spice level)
- 1 tbsp sea salt (Maldon or Halen Mon)
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper and mustard powder
- 1 tsp each chipotle powder, black pepper, cinnamon, liquorice powder
Rub over ribs, chicken, steak, and leave to marinate for 4+ hours or ideally overnight.
BBQ Sauce – GF/V
This sauce can be used for sausages, burgers and vegetables. It’s one of my favourite recipes and a real crowd pleaser.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ onion chopped
- 200ml homemade ketchup
- 100ml water
- 75ml cider vinegar
- 150g SugaVida
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (omit if vegetarian/vegan)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp liquorice powder
Heat oil in a saucepan and sweat onion and garlic for 10 minutes, add rest of ingredients and simmer gently for 30-40 minutes. Either blend using a hand blender or pass through a sieve.