The benefits of SugaVida the original superfood sweetener
SugaVida the Superfood sugar is brimming with benefits.
High in vitamins
SugaVida is the only plant-based source of vitamin B12 which reduces tiredness, keeps your nervous system and red blood cells healthy and is responsible for the smooth functioning of several critical body processes. It’s also rich in other B vitamins including:
- B1, which contributes to normal function of the brain and heart
- B2, which helps the body release energy
- B6, which contributes to normal psychological function
- B3, which helps to increase the strength of your muscles and also reduces pain and fatigue in the muscles and joints
Just two tablespoons of SugaVida per day will give you all the daily B vitamins you need.
High in Minerals
SugaVida is rich in:
- Iron, which supports red blood cell formation, helps oxygen transportation in the body and helps reduce tiredness and fatigue
- Potassium, essential for controlling the balance of fluids in the body and the good functioning of the heart muscle
- Magnesium, which helps turn the food we eat into energy, and ensures our parathyroid glands, which produce hormones important for bone health, work normally
With a low GI of 35 and only 3.1g of fructose per 100g, SugaVida is a safer alternative for diabetics (as part of a healthy diet). It’s made from long chains of sucrose, so unlike refined sugar it’s digested and released much more slowly into the body. With no sugar spikes to endure, SugaVida is a safer option for people living with diabetes.
SugaVida is a natural source of nutrients. And as it’s a foodstuff, rather than a manufactured supplement, it’s more bioavailable. This means our bodies can absorb its nutrients more easily, ensuring a greater uptake.
Used by professional bakers, chocolatiers and Michelin starred chefs worldwide, SugaVida is a versatile ingredient and a powerful superfood.
You can use it as a supplement and add a teaspoon to your protein shakes, smoothies or water to transform your drink into a nutrient-packed powerhouse. Or stir a spoon in to your morning tea or coffee instead of sugar or artificial sweeteners and start the day off right.
Or use it in your baking and cooking. Now it’s easier than ever to transform sugary treats like biscuits and muffins into filling nutritious snacks. See our recipes for more great ideas.
And as SugaVida is naturally sweet you’ll find you need to use less of it gram for gram than regular sugar. Experiment with SugaVida until you find your preferred level of sweetness.
SugaVida has also been shown to promote the production of leptin (“the satiety hormone”) that may help to maintain optimal weight as part of healthy diet.