- 200g/7oz Dark Chocolate – we used Chocolate & Love – Chocolate with Orange bar
- 125g/4.4oz Unsalted Butter
- 6 Eggs, Separated
- 1/4 Cup Palmyra Blossom Nectar
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- Grated Rind of 1 Orange
- 3 tablespoons of good quality Orange Marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 180°C /350°F and grease a round cake tin.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a small saucepan over a low heat on the stovetop then set aside to cool.
- Whisk the egg yolks and Palmyra Blossom Nectar together in a large bowl until thick.
- Stir the cooled chocolate, almond flour and orange rind through the yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until thick, white and fluffy.
- Gently fold the beaten egg whites through the yolk/chocolate mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake tin and place in the preheated oven.
- Cook for 35 to 45 minutes or until cooked through.